Oh, Wal-Mart.

I have to share a story with you all.

I thought about titling this post "My Escapade to Secure My Hubby's Favorite Beverage for the Day Dedicated to Fathers" but thought that would give too much away. ;)

I went to Wal-Mart this morning to get a handful of things, most of which were to be given to Chuck for Father's Day. The one thing I knew I couldn't leave without? IBC Root beer.

{source}

The man loves it.

Now, you need to understand how just about EVERY Wal-Mart shopping experience goes for me. . . especially this one. And what better way to illustrate than with an illustration?



The one thing I hate worse than being stuck behind a slow, inconsiderate, annoying driver is being stuck behind a slow, inconsiderate, annoying shopper at Wallie World. Seriously? If all four of your cart's wheels were trying to go in different directions, you'd still move faster than the people I ran into today.  And, of course, about forty people decided that they had to park their shopping cart in the MIDDLE of the aisle while they yapped on the phone and browsed the opposite side of the aisle.

At any rate, I made a beeline for the root beer and saw it out of the corner of my eye as I whizzed by. Ya see, I was headed to the spot they had it before, but apparently they'd moved it since I was there last.  I wanted to make good and sure it wasn't just my imagination, however, so I continued to the previous spot and then quickly glanced down the next aisle to make sure they weren't hiding it down there. While I was doing that, a lady passed me and headed down to the spot the root beer resided.

Uh oh.

I stood there watching her slowly browse the IBC section, running her hand along the top of the LAST.  REMAINING.  IBC.  ROOT BEER.

I started to sweat.

I contemplated tackling her, but not wishing to make a scene prematurely, I waited to see if she chose something else.

She continued to meditate with her hand atop the root beer for a minute, and then snatched it from its shelf and clung to it like it was gold while continuing to browse.

What the heck, lady?

Rude.

I ran my shopping cart into hers, threw Hannah's binkie at her head to distract her, and then kicked her in the shin and bolted away with the root beer. If you need some pointers about shopping center confrontations, just e-mail me. I can give you some fail-proof tips.

I'm totally kidding.

I merely sulked by her with my head down and went along my merry way, swerving around other annoying people until I could make my escape to the Harmon's down the street.

This is how my experience went {and usually does} at Harmon's:



In and out. Wham. Can you hear the angels singing?

And, no, I didn't plan on my foot path looking like a duck. But is that awesome or what? Yeah. I've got skills.

I tried not to focus on the fact that I'm sure the root beer at Harmon's cost about 900% more. Eh. Oh, well.

Anything for the man I love.

Comments

  1. I would have to agree with everything you just said. And I love the way you described everything. But sometimes, it is worth the extra money to shop in a nice, well stocked, organized store. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Harmon's is always so clean and everyone is friendly. AND their shopping carts are amazing. So what was I thinking?!? Wal-Mart? Psssh.

      Delete
  2. Somehow I get the feeling I shouldn't be (wasn't expected to be) reading this...

    Whoopsy!

    Sorry for ruining one of my surprises. But I promise I'll still act surprised! Matter of fact, I am salivating at this very moment at the thought of touching a cold one (a root beer, that is) to my lips.

    I love you, my dearest wife! And you made me laugh out loud at work at least 3 dozen times while reading this blog entry. You're the cutest!

    - Your lucky ducky hubby!

    P.S. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh snap. I thought about telling you not to read it, but then I didn't. But you know me. . . and I'm a girl of many surprises :)

      Delete
  3. My husband loves Thomas Kemper Rootbeer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might have screamed out "Nooooooo!" While running toward her and snatching the root beer from her and making a break for it back to my shopping cart. The first part would have been in slow motion of course.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts